Batman Begins is a 2005 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan and written by Nolan and David S. Goyer. Based on Batman, the DC Comics character Batman.
The film is a reboot of its Batman films, telling the story of the origin that follows Bruce Wayne from the death of his parents until his rise to becoming Batman and his struggle for the right to prevent Ra’s Al Ghul as well as the Scarecrow from slamming Gotham City into chaos.
Lets look at some of the best Batman Begins quotes handpicked..
Best Batman Begins Quotes (Handpicked)
1. “Well, a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.” – Bruce Wayne
2. “If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.” -Henri Ducard
3. “The work offered by organized crime must have an attraction to the insane.”- Dr. Jonathan Crane
4. “A criminal is not complicated. What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power. You fear your anger, the drive to do great or terrible things.” – Henri Ducard
5. Dr. Jonathan: Outside, he was a giant. In here, only the mind can grant you power.
Rachel Dawes: You enjoy the reversal?
Dr. Jonathan: I respect the mind’s power over the body. It’s why I do what I do.
6. “You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent.” -Henri Ducard
7. “You traveled the world… Now you must journey inwards… to what you really fear… it’s inside you… there is no turning back. Your parents’ death was not your fault. Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely.” – Henri Ducard
8. “I won’t kill you but I don’t have to save you.” – Bruce Wayne
9. Bruce: Bats are nocturnal.
Alfred: Bats may be, but even for billionaire playboys, three o’clock is pushing it. The price of leading a double life, I fear. Your theatrics made an impression.
Bruce: Theatricality and deception are powerful weapons, Alfred. It’s a good start.
10. “There’s nothing to fear but fear itself!” – Dr. Jonathan Crane
11. “Always mind your surroundings.” – Henri Ducard
12. Bruce: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
Alfred: I wouldn’t presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir. Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.
13. “What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?” – Rachel Dawes
14. “Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Thomas Wayne
15. Ducard: Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.
Bruce: That’s why it’s so important. It separates us from them.
16. “Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society’s understanding.” – Henri Ducard
17. “The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.” -Henri Ducard
18. “The Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar, sir.” – Alfred Pennyworth
19. Ducard: A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can’t stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Bruce Wayne: Which is?
Ducard: Legend, Mr. Wayne.
20. “Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.” – Rachel Dawes
21. Rachel: What’s ‘scarecrow’?
Dr. Jonathan: Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.
22. “I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just… poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain.” – Henri Ducard
23. “When a forest grows too wild, a purging fire is inevitable and natural.” – Henri Ducard
24. Alfred: Why bats, Master Wayne?
Bruce: Bats frighten me. It’s time my enemies shared my dread.
25. “You have learned to bury your guilt with anger. I will teach you to confront it, and to face the truth. You know how to fight six men. We can teach you how to engage six hundred. You know how to disappear. We can teach you to become truly invisible.” – Henri Ducard
26. “Ignorance is bliss, my friend. Don’t burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.” – Carmine Falcone
27. “Men fear most what they cannot see.”-Henri Ducard
28. “Tomorrow the world will watch in horror as its greatest city destroys itself. The movement back to harmony will be unstoppable this time.” – Henri Ducard
29. Ducard: Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, it will destroy you. As it almost did me.
Bruce: What stopped it?
30. “People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can’t do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I’m flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol… as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.” – Bruce Wayne
31. “My anger outweighs my guilt.”- Bruce Wayne
32. Ducard: When you lived among the criminals, did you start to pity them?
Bruce Wayne: The first time I stole so that I wouldn’t starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong. And when I traveled, I learned the fear before a crime and the thrill of success. But I never became one of them.
33. “Death does not wait for you to be ready! Death is not considerate, or fair! And make no mistake: here, you face Death.” – Henri Ducard
34. Bruce: We need to send these people away now.
Alfred: Those are Bruce Wayne’s guests out there, sir. You have a name to maintain.
Bruce: I don’t care about my name.
Alfred: It’s not just your name, sir! It’s your father’s name! And it’s all that’s left of him. Don’t destroy it.
35. [Bruce awakens from a nightmare]
Thomas: The bats again?
Thomas: You know why they attacked you, don’t you? They were afraid of you.
Bruce: Afraid of me?
Thomas: All creatures feel fear.
Bruce: Even the scary ones?
Thomas: Especially the scary ones.
36. Maitre D: Sir, the pool is for decoration, and your friends do not have swimwear.
Bruce: Well, they’re European.
Maitre D: I’m going to have to ask you to leave.
[Bruce starts to write a check]
Maitre D: It is not a question of money.
Bruce: [gives him the check] Well, you see, I’m buying this hotel, and uh, setting some new rules about the pool area.
37. Bruce: Good morning. I’m here to see Mr. Earle.
Jessica: [without bothering to look up from her desk] Name?
Bruce: Uh… Bruce Wayne.
38. “In the Civil War, your great-great grandfather was involved in the Underground Railroad, secretly transporting freed slaves to the North. And I suspect these caverns came in handy.”- Alfred Pennyworth
39. Bruce: How are you feeling?
Rachel: Where are we? Why did you bring me here?
Bruce: If I hadn’t, your mind would now be lost. You were poisoned.
Rachel: [trying to sit up] It was… it was Dr. Crane…
Bruce: [pushing her back down] Relax, Gordon has Crane.
Rachel: Is Sergeant Gordon your friend?
Bruce: I don’t have the luxury of friends.
40. Bruce: Give it a try!
[Alfred turns on the lights of the cave]
[looks up and sees thousands of bats]
Alfred: At least you’ll have company.
41. Bruce: Who is he?
[implying the man imprisoned in a wooden cage]
Henri: He was a farmer. Then he tried to take his neighbor’s land and became a murderer. Now he is a prisoner.
Bruce: What’ll happen to him?
Henri: Justice. Crime can not be tolerated. Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society’s understanding.
All Villains In Batman Begins
Ra’s al Ghul (Liam Neeson): In Batman Begins, Ra’s is played by Liam Neeson, but the third act’s twist reveals it later in the movie. Before that, Bruce had thought of a decoy played by Ken Watanabe as Ra’s who was killed when his League of Shadows’ temple had been destroyed.
The Scarecrow, Dr. Jonathan Crane (Cillian Murphy): The Scarecrow is Batman’s greatest foe. Scarecrow is known for using fear to take advantage over his foes.
Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson): Falcone played a vital part in Bruce Wayne’s transformation into Batman and saved his life when Bruce confronted him only to show the extent of power he possesses throughout the world.
Victor Zsasz (Tim Booth): Zsasz is an assassin in Batman Begins for Carmine Falcone. He is acquitted and is found to be insane due to Jonathan Crane. He is sent to Arkham and later escapes.
Joe Chill (Richard Brake): In Batman Begins, the killer of Bruce’s parents is Chill and is now in Jail.