Attack on Titan AKA Shingeki No Kyojin originates from the first 8 volumes of a manga written by Hajime Isayama of the same name. It premiered first on April 7, 2013 and attack on titan quotes have been quite popular as the series gained popularity worldwide during Covid period because of a compelling story.
In order to survive from giant humanoid titans humanity is forced to live behind walls. Protagonist Eren Jaeger has the ability to convert into a titan and now with his friends Mikasa and Armin the story follows what Eren does with this power.
Lets look at some handpicked Attack on Titan Quotes from every important character.
Attack on Titan Quotes from Levi Ackerman
1. “It’s good to see that someone has the balls to go. But don’t forget to do your damnedest to stay alive.”
2. “Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I trust him. If he betrays us or goes berserk, I’ll put him down without hesitation.”
3. “I don’t know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that… No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it’s right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice.”
4. “The only thing we’re allowed to do is believe that we won’t regret the choice we made.”
5. “A lot of the time, you’re going into a situation you know nothing about. So what you need is to be quick to act… and make tough decisions in worst-case scenarios.”
6. “Whether you have the body, dead is dead.”
7. “The difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don’t have to rely on that.”
8. “I think pain is the best discipline.”
Attack of Titan Quotes from Armin Arlert
9. “You’re only resorting to physical abuse because you can’t prove that I’m wrong.”
10. “We’re going to explore the outside world someday, right? Far beyond these walls, there’s flaming water land made of ice, and fields of sand spread wide. It’s the world my parents wanted to go to.”
11. “I don’t like the terms good person or bad person because it’s impossible to be entirely good to everyone, or entirely bad to everyone. To some, you are a good person, while to others you are a bad person.”
12. “To surpass monsters, you must be willing to abandon your humanity.”
13. “I’m leaving it all with Eren. My dream, my life, everything. I have nothing else left to lose. I’m sure Eren will be able to reach the ocean. He’ll have to see it for both of us.”
14. “The strong feed upon the weak. It’s such an obligingly simple rule. Except in this world, my friends tried to be strong.”
15. “People who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.”
16. “Everyone can make a choice after they have learned what it will result in. It is so easy to say we should have done it this way afterwards. But you can’t know what your choice will result in before actually choosing.”
17. “Willpower alone isn’t enough in battle.”
18. “When people are faced with a situation they don’t understand, it’s easy for fear to take hold.”
19. “I’d rather die than become a burden.”
20. “I was, I am, and I remain a soldier, sworn to devote my heart and soul to the restoration of humankind. There is no greater glory than dying for that belief!”
21. “People are crazy for believing that these walls will protect us forever. Even though the walls have been intact for the past 100 years, there’s nothing that can guarantee they won’t be broken down today.”
Attack of Titan Quotes from Eren Jaeger
22. “If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
23. “No matter how messed up things get, you can always figure out the best solution.”
24. “I don’t have time to worry if it’s right or wrong, you can’t hope for a horror story with a happy ending.”
25. “I can do this. No, we can do this! Because we’ve all been special since the day we were born. We’re free!”
26. “If you think reality is just living comfortably and following your own whims, can you seriously dare to call yourself a soldier?”
27. “I want to see and understand the world outside. I don’t want to die inside these walls without knowing what’s out there.”
28. “Nothing can suppress a human’s curiosity.”
29. “What is the point if those with the means and power do not fight?”
Attack of Titan Quotes from Ymir
30. “I too used to believe that the world would be a better place if I hadn’t been born. I was hated merely for the fact that I existed, and I died for the happiness of many people. But there was one thing I wished for with all my heart… If I’m ever given a second chance in life, I want to live for only myself. That is my sincere wish.”
31. “Living this way is my way of getting revenge. I’m going to be living proof that your fate isn’t decided at birth!”
32. “Do you always want to live hiding behind the mask you put up for the sake of others? You’re you, and there’s nothing wrong with that.”
33. “I want to survive…And see her again. As a person, I’m really lower than shit. But she knows that, and she smiles kindly at me anyway.”
Attack of Titan Quotes from Mikasa Ackerman
34. “Asking me for compassion is mistaken. After all I have no heart or time to spare.”
35. “Once I’m dead I won’t be able to remember you. So I’ll win no matter what. I’ll live no matter what.”
36. “That’s right… This world… is cruel. It hit me that living was like a miracle.”
37. “I’m sorry Eren. I won’t give up. I’ll never give up again. So I’ll win, no matter what! I’ll survive no matter what.”
38. “The world is crammed with cruelty.”
39. “Believe in your own power.”
40. “My speciality is lacerating flesh. Anyone interested in experiencing my skill firsthand, step right up.”
41. “This world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful.”
Attack of Titan Quotes from Others
42. “It’s us who gives meaning to our comrades lives.” – Erwin Smith
43. “If you begin to regret, you’ll dull your future decisions and let others make your choices for you. All that’s left for you then is to die. Nobody can foretell the outcome. Each decision you make holds meaning only by affecting your next decision.” – Erwin Smith
44. “If we only focus on making the best moves, we will never get the better of our opponent. When necessary, we must be willing to take big risks, and be prepared to lose everything. Unless we change how we fight, we cannot win.” – Erwin Smith
45. “You’re not a strong person, so you can really understand how weak people feel. I mean… Most humans are weak, including me… But if I got an order from someone who saw things like I do, no matter how tough it was, I’d do my damnedest to carry it out.” – Marco Bott
46. “Going against the flow… takes a lot of courage. I respect that. Maybe people who can do it are just stupid, but… Well… What I’m sure of is that people like that are rare.” – Annie Leonhart
47. “Even in moments of the deepest despair… I guess we can still find hope, huh?” – Hange Zoe
48. “Ever since I joined the survey corps, I’ve had people dying on me everyday. But you understand, don’t you? One day or another, everyone you care about eventually dies. It’s something we simply can’t accept. It’s a realization that could drive you insane.” – Hange Zoe
49. “You couldn’t save your mom because you… weren’t strong enough. I didn’t face the Titan… because I wasn’t brave enough.” – Hannes
50. “Right now we’ve got no choice but to try. We gotta believe there’s a way to beat him!” – Jean Kirstein
51. “We need to stop living for others. From now on…Let’s live for ourselves!” – Historia Reiss
Overview of Plot in Brief
First season shows Eren losing his mother in an attack by Titans on his city. Eren training as a soldier discovers he can transform into Titan and fights Colossal Titan and a female titan. Govt. decides to use Eren’s power for their use.
Second season is focused on Survey corps and how they were defected from within. This season also reveals important information about mysteries related to titans.
Third season is all about survey cops running from the government. Corrupt military police are now after Eren and Historia. A fight breaks out when Beast, Colossal, and Armored Titans attack Shiganshina. Season also has information about the true origin of Titans.
In Season 4 Part 1 war is going on between Marleyans and Eldians. Eren realizes that there is something big that he must achieve and goes on rampage to destroy all his enemies. (As of November 2021)
Why is the Anime so popular?
Being one of the most read mangas the anime of Attack on Titan also got huge popularity with its release in 2013. It gained an international fanbase as Season 4 part 1 released with some huge revelations in story and compelling anime scenes.
Critics also liked the story, character development, animation, music, voice acting, and how dark the story turned out to be. The second part of the final season is scheduled to begin airing on January 10, 2022.