In 1999, Nicholas Sparks released a novel titled- A Walk To Remember. The readers greatly loved the story, and they were in total awe of the romance depicted and A walk to remember quotes became quite famous.
This is why in 2002, Adam Shankman decided to bring the story to the cinemas with the unchanged title – A Walk to Remember. The star cast included Shane West, Mandy Moore, Peter Coyote, and Daryl Hannah, all of whom delivered exemplary performances.
The 102 minutes long film has the potential to make the audiences stick to their seats till the very end. It helped the producers reap substantial benefits and thus made the box office record hit $46 million.
You may also like:
A Walk to Remember Quotes
1. “What do you want Carter? I’ve known you for years and you’ve never been the first one to come up and say ‘hello’.” – Jamie Sullivan
2. Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I’m sick. To help me through all this. You’re my angel.
3. “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful“— Landon Carter
4. Landon: I might kiss you.
Jamie: I might be bad at it.
Landon: That’s not possible.
5. “Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better.”— Landon Carter
6. Jamie: So, would it kill you to try?
Landon: Yup, and I’m too young to die.
7. Landon : I need help with my lines.
Jamie : Landon Carter is asking me for help?
Landon : Yeah.
Jamie : Okay. I’ll pray for you.
8. Eric: Talk to me man.
Landon : About what?
Eric: About you, about Jamie.
Landon : What’s there to talk about? She’s the best person I’ve ever known.
9. Jamie: You have to promise you won’t fall in love with me.
Landon: That’s not a problem.
10. Jamie: Without suffering there would be no compassion.
Landon: Yeah, well tell that to those who suffer.
11. Jamie: Are you trying to seduce me?
Landon: Why? Are you seducible?
12. Landon: Can you find this star, right here?
Jamie: Sure. So why am I looking for this star?
Landon: Because I had it named for you. See? It’s official. It’s from the International Star Registry.
13. Jamie: You don’t know the first thing about being someone’s friend.
Landon: I don’t want to just be your friend.
Jamie: You don’t know what you want.
Landon: Neither do you. Maybe you’re just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you.
14. Dean: If there is a higher power, why is it He can’t get you a new sweater?
Jamie: He’s too busy looking for your brain.
15. Ms. Garber: Mr. Carter, are you trying to be bad at this?
Landon: Nah, it just comes naturally.
16. Landon: I’m sorry she never got her miracle.
Reverend: She did. It was you.
17. Jamie: How can you see places like this and have moments like this and not believe?
Landon: You’re lucky to be so sure.
Jamie: It’s like the wind. I can’t… see it, but I feel it.
18. Landon: Jamie… I love you. Now would be the time to say something.
Jamie: I told you not to fall in love with me.
19. Landon: Do you love me?
Landon: Will you do something for me, then?
Landon: Will you marry me?
20. Jamie: I’m scared of not being with you.
Landon: Oh baby, that will never happen… I’ll be here.
21. Dean: Bet you can see angels up there flying around.
Jamie: In fact, there are some things that they call miraculous. Einstein said the more he studied the universe, the more he believed in a higher power
22. Landon: Are you scared?
Jamie: to death
Landon: It’s not funny..
Jamie: I’m scared of not being with you..
23. “You’re a wonderful person, Jamie. You’re beautiful, you’re kind, you’re gentle…you’re everything that I’d like to be. If people don’t like you, or they think you’re strange, then that’s their problem.” – Nicholas Sparks
24. “She was, in other words, the kind of girl who made the rest of us look bad, and whenever she glanced my way, I couldn’t help but feel guilty, even though I hadn’t done anything wrong” – Nicholas Sparks
A Refreshingly Told Love Story
The story begins slow and starts to pace when a boy named Landon Carter is made to participate in a school play as a part of the punishment for playing a dangerous prank on a new student. Landon meets a Baptist’s daughter Jamie Sullivan at the play rehearsals.
In the earlier days of friendship, the two could not romantically get attracted to each other, but the final play night turned out to be a big surprise for them. After seeing her mesmerizing performance, Landon drowns in Jamie’s love and suddenly kisses her before the curtain falls.
Despite the cruel and foolish pranks by Landon’s friends and ex-girlfriend, the two eventually start to date each other. The romance starts to peep in, and Jamie reveals her deteriorating medical condition to Landon on one fine day. The helpless Landon begs his father to help his girlfriend, who later secretly provides her private home care.
To fulfill Jamie’s wish, Landon builds a telescope so she can see a one-time comet. Landon then proposes to her for marriage, which she just could not refuse. However, a few days later, Jamie takes her last breath and leaves behind a big void in Landon’s life.
A few years later, Landon revisits Beaufort and meets Jamie’s father to console her death. He also informs him about his admission to the med school and how he regrets Jamie not witnessing this miracle.
In the end, Landon beautifully expresses that Jamie’s love is like the wind for him; he cannot see it but always feels it.