Elena Gilbert portrays one of the secondary protagonists of the TV series The Vampire Diaries. In Tv series where the world is set in the fictional city of Mystic Falls she is portrayed by Nina Dobrev. At the show’s beginning, Elena appears as a normal human being, but her original identity was that of a Petrova doppelgängers.
Being one of the main female protagonist of the show, Elena Gilbert quotes are quite famous and note worthy.
Lets look at some of the best handpicked Elena Gilbert quotes from the Vampire Dairies series.
Best Elena Gilbert Quotes from Vampire Dairies
1. “You’re going to think that the pain will never end, but it will. But first you have to let it all in. You can’t fight it, it’s bigger than you.”
2. “Dear Diary, I made it through the day. I must have said ‘I’m fine, thanks’ at least 37 times. And I didn’t mean it once. But no one noticed.”
3. “I’m playing with fire; with something I don’t understand.”
4. “He got under my skin and no matter what I do, I can’t shake him.”
5. “Did I forget to mention earlier when we were talking about my birthmother, the one that gave me up. Her name was Isobel. Go ahead, reminisce about how you killed her.”
6. “I’m at a crossroads right now, where I could go live my life the way I think I probably should — be successful and safe, and probably very happy. Or I could risk all of that for this tiny glimmer of a feeling inside that…I just can’t shake.”
7. Elena: You put me in a position where I have to defend you again. Where I have to go against every single thing I believe in again. Because I love you!
Damon: Then stop loving me!
Elena: I can’t!
8. “That’s what love should be. You should love the person that makes you glad to be alive.”
9. “When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.”
10. “I would write, Dear Diary, Today I convinced myself it’s ok to give up. Stick with the status quo, now just isn’t the time. But my reasons aren’t reasons, they’re excuses, and the truth is, I’m scared Stefan.”
11. “It’s the most real thing I’ve ever felt in my entire life. I love you, Damon.”
12. “I want so much to make things right but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don’t know can hurt you.”
13. “But then she remembered something else, just a flash: looking up at Damon’s face in the woods and feeling such—such excitement, such affinity with him. As if he understood the flame that burned inside her as nobody else ever could.”
14. “I’m not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops just because of some guy.”
15. “Dear diary, I`m not a believer. People are born, they grow old and then they die. That`s the world we live in, but how can I deny what`s right in front of me? Someone who never grows old, never gets hurt.”
16. “People are going to stop giving you breaks, Jeremy. They just don’t care anymore. They don’t remember that our parents are dead; they have their own lives to deal with. The rest of the world has moved on.”
17. “I used to think the worst feeling in the world was losing someone you love, but I was wrong. The worst feeling in the world is the moment that you realize you’ve lost yourself.”
18. “Damon is like a dog with a bone.”
19. “The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them.”
20. “I …. don’t think it’s vain to say that I am beautiful. If I did not know I was, I would have to have never looked in a mirror or heard a compliment.”
21. “You’ve been given a chance to start over in the absence of the one who defined you.”
22. “I’m human. I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I’m going to go crazy.”
23. “Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy. Sometimes it simple means that you are a strong person.”
24. Damon: You could’ve just told me what to do.
Elena: I knew what you were going to do.
Damon: You knew that the evil, selfish Damon Salvatore would give up the love of his life to save her best friend.
Elena: I knew that the love of my life would stand by his best friend even if it meant having to live without me for a little while.
25. “That is the promise of peace, that one day after a long life we find each other again.”
26. “I won’t love a ghost for the rest of my life.”
27. Elena: I wanna remember.
Damon: Well you’re a day late and a dollar short honey.
Elena: I mean I wanna try. Knowing there is this whole piece of my life missing it’s driving me crazy, ok? So I have to at least try to get it back.
28. “We met and we talked and it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set in.”
29. Elena: Is this presentable attire by 1903 standards?
Damon: Whoa, who said you were coming?
Elena: To meet the woman who gave birth to the two epic loves of my life? Me.
30. “First rule of being a vampire is realizing how awesome you are.”
31. Damon: Things are going to be awfully dull around here without you.
Elena: No they’re not, Damon, because you’re not going to sit around waiting for me.
32. “When someone asks ‘How are you?’, they really don’t want an answer.”
33. “You know what? Friends don’t manipulate friends. They help each other.”
34. Stefan: You censor your journal? Pretty sure that’s against journal rules.
Elena: And I’m pretty sure you’re not the journal police.
Powers and Abilities
She has the ability to fight and defend herself against vampires , as Alaric and Damon trained her.
At present, Elena is the only cure. Because her blood, if consumed by someone affected by Qetsiyah’s immortality magic, the person who receives it will become the cure, and she will be declared a mortal being aging as humans.
As long as she doesn’t die of blood loss during her human life, she possesses an extra life, just like video games. Elena is also blessed with the powers of doppelgängers, which means that her blood can be used to perform various spells, including the spell of stripping magic.
Her blood is an unlimited supply of energy for witches and siphoners. She eventually, in the end, becomes a vampire and has the same power and abilities as an unoriginal vampire like Damon and Stefan.
Elena Gilbert: Character Analysis
As a human being, she’s a socially popular girl at school. She’s kind, caring, sensitive, kind, beautiful, intelligent, and friendly, but she’s also aggressive, judgmental, and insecure, sometimes interfering with the lives of others.
As Elena is a cheerleader in her school, she is athletic too. Her most favorite pastime is writing in her journal. She claims it was her dream to become an author. Elena is always in the middle of drama. She’s always volunteering at her local events. Caroline says she’s the mother-type.