Tenet is a science fiction action film composed and directed by Christopher Nolan starring John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine, and Kenneth Branagh.
The film is a co-production with two countries: the United Kingdom and the United States, telling the story of a mysterious agent who tries to alter the course of time to stop a future attack, threatening to destroy today’s world.
Lets look at some of the top Tenet quotes from different characters ..
Best Tenet Quotes
1. “What’s happened, happened. Which is an expression of faith in the mechanics of the world. It’s not an excuse to do nothing.”- Neil
2. “It’s the bomb that didn’t go off. The danger no one knew was real. That’s the bomb with the real power to change the world.” – Neil
3. “We’re the people saving the world from what might have been. The world will never know what could happen. And even if they did, they wouldn’t care. Because no one cares about the bomb that didn’t go off. Only the one that did.” – Neil
4. “I’ll see you at the beginning, friend.” – Neil
5. “Trust Is The Foundation Of Successful Relationships” – Neil
6. “Lying is standard operating procedure.” – The Protagonist
7. “Each generation looks after its own survival” – The Protagonist
8. “I’m not the man they send to negotiate. Or the man they send to make deals. But I’m the man people talk to.” – The Protagonist
9. “This reversing the flow of time, doesn’t us being here now, mean it never happened?” – The Protagonist
10. “Great Leaders Never Confuse Activity With Accomplishment” – The Protagonist
11. “All I have for you is a gesture, in combination with a word. Tenet. Use it carefully. It’ll open the right doors, but some of the wrong ones, too.” – Victor
12. “Leaders Make Choices And Then Their Choices Make Them” – Victor
13. “We all believe we will run into the burning building. But until we feel the heat, you never know.” – Victor
14. “One man’s probability of death is another man’s possibility for a life.” – Andrei Sator
15. “You don’t negotiate with a tiger. You admire tiger, until it turns on you, and you feel its true f***ing nature!” – Andrei Sator
16. “Smart Leaders Build Sustainability Into Their Leadership” – Andrei Sator
17. “You have to start looking at the world in a new way.” – Priya
18. “The world needs Tenet.” – Priya
19. “Sator’s lifelong mission, financed and guided by the future, has been to find and reassemble the algorithm.”-Priya
20. “Fighting fire with fire is a treacherous business.” – priya
Dialogues from Tenet
21. Andrei: This is where our worlds collide. How would you like to die?
The Protagonist: Old.
Andrei: You chose the wrong profession.
22. Neil : It seems you need an introduction to a prominent Mumbai local on short notice. I’m Neil.
The Protagonist : I need an audience with Sanjay Singh.
Neil : That’s not possible.
The Protagonist : Ten minutes, tops.
Neil : Time isn’t the problem. Getting out alive is the problem.
23. The Protagonist : You wanna crash a plane?
Neil : Well, not from the air. Don’t be so dramatic.
The Protagonist : …well, how big a plane?
Neil : That part is a little dramatic.
24. The Protagonist : I’ve been thinking, we’re their ancestors. If they destroy us, won’t that destroy them?
Neil : That’d bring us to the grandfather paradox.
The Protagonist : The what?
Neil : You went back in time, and killed your own grandfather. How could you’ve been born to commit the act?
The Protagonist : What’s the answer?
Neil : There’s no answer. It’s a paradox.
25. Neil : What the hell happened here?
The Protagonist : Hasn’t happened yet.
26. Neil : Vodka tonic, and a Diet Coke. What? You never drink on the job.
The Protagonist : You’re well informed.
Neil : It pays to be, in our profession.
The Protagonist : Well, I prefer soda water.
Neil : No, you don’t.
27. Neil : But in the future, those in power clearly believe you can kick grandpa downstairs, gouge his eyes out, slit his throat, without consequence.
The Protagonist : Could they be right?
Neil : Doesn’t matter, they believe it. That’s why they’re willing to destroy us.
28. The Protagonist : You really going back in?
Neil : I’m the only one who can got that door open in time, right, Ives?
Ives : I don’t know any locksmiths as good as you.
Neil : See? It’s me in there again. Weaving another past in the fabric of this mission.
29. The Protagonist : This reversing the flow of time… doesn’t us being here now, mean it never happened? Could we stop them?
Neil : Optimistically, I’d say that’s right.
The Protagonist : Pessimistically?
Neil : In a parallel worlds theory, we can’t know the relationship between consciousness and multiple realities. Does your head hurt yet ? Try to get some sleep.
Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Tenet
Robert Pattinson’s character from Tenet – Neil is one of the most memorable aspects of the film. It was inspired by Christopher Hitchens. Pattinson’s character was very James Bond’-like’ with Neil appearing as an elegant and stylish secret agent.
For Tenet, Nolan opted to make his film utterly dependent on the actual effects, and he did not use any green screens during the making of the film.
The most memorable part of the film is Neil’s plan to crash his plane in the Freeport. The scene appeared accurate and thrilling because the location was a real plane that crashed.
The original title of the film was “Merry Go Round,” which had a reflection of the plot somewhat descriptively; however, it lacked the simplicity that “Tenet” had.