Kiki’s delivery service is a Japanese animated movie based on Eiko Kadono’s novel. It is a story of a teenage trainee witch who leaves her home with her black cat called Jiji. Kikis Delivery Service Quotes are quite famous and are quite relatable to philosophical life.
Directed and produced by Hayao Miyazaki, the story is a beautiful portrayal of how the teenage witch explores her strengths.
You may also like:
Kikis Delivery Service Quotes from kiki
1. “Without even thinking about it, I used to be able to fly. Now I’m trying to look inside myself and find out how I did it.”
2. “Flying used to be fun until I started doing it for a living.”
3. “Maybe I need to find my own inspiration. But am I ever going to find it? Is it worth all the trouble?”
4. “Maybe I can stay and find some other nice people who will like me and accept me for who I am.”
5. “We can fly with our spirit.”
6. “I think something’s wrong with me. I make friends, then suddenly I can’t bear to be with any of them. Seems like that other me, the cheerful and honest one, went away somewhere.”
7. “If I lose my magic, that means I’ve lost absolutely everything.”
8. “I mean, my customers. Jiji, if nobody comes in, I’m gonna have to eat pancakes forever and be fat, fat, FAT! And what am I supposed to do about that?”
9. “Smile, so we can make a good impression!”
Kikis Delivery Service Quotes from Jiji
10. Kiki: You know that painter that found the stuffed cat? She wants to do a picture of me.
11. “I’m going to put my paws together and pray that you’re not serious!”
12. “I think it’s better to leave with decorum and great dignity.”
13. Kiki: Jiji, climb up and turn on the radio. I don’t think I can handle it. Can you do it?
Jiji: Oh, great. Now I’m suddenly the flight attendant.
14. “You’d think they’d never seen a girl and a cat on a broomstick before.”
15. “All right, first: don’t panic! Second: don’t panic! And third: did I mention not to panic?”
Kikis Delivery Service Quotes from Others
16. “It’s not really important what color your dress is. What matters is the heart inside.” – Kokiri
17. “Painting and magical powers seem very similar to me.” – Ursula
18. “Just follow your heart and keep smiling.” – Kokiri
19. “Stop trying. Take long walks. Look at scenery. Doze off at noon. Don’t even think about flying. And then, pretty soon, you’ll be flying again.” – Ursula
20. “You gotta be a real witch, the way you fly that broom! You think maybe you can teach me how to fly it?” – Tambo
21. “We each need to find our own inspiration, Kiki. Sometimes it’s not easy.” – Ursula
Kikis delivery service – Story Overview
In search of a home, Kiki meets a pregnant mother Osono, and tries to help her in all possible ways. To make use of her powers, she starts a “Witch Delivery Business” wherein she delivers goods on a flying broomstick. However, her initial delivery failed drastically as she lost the cat toy she was supposed to deliver.
In fear of receiving backlash from recipients, her cat Jiji decides to be the replacement for the lost toy. Kiki then incessantly tries to search for the missing toy and finally finds it in a painter named Ursula‘s house.
Osono later tries to reunite the two by intentionally making Kiki deliver a parcel to Tombo’s address. On meeting Tombo, Kiki apologizes for her absence from the party and the former quickly forgives her for the same.
He also shows her the new flying machine he had been working on. Kiki couldn’t stay at the residence for long as Tombo’s friends were constantly joking at her. Kiki eventually gets depressed by constant failures and starts to lose faith in her powers. Ursula advises Kiki to find a new goal as that would be the only way to revive her belief in herself.
Later on one fine day, Kiki watches news of an airship accident and quickly arrives at the location to help Tombo who was drooping from one end of the vessel. Kiki saves Tombo by flying a borrowed broom. This particular incident helps Kiki regain her confidence and powers.