Kevin Jerome Gilyard is a rapper, singer and entrepreneur from the United States. Currently signed with Bread Winners’ Organization through a partnership with Atlantic Records he goes by the stage name Kevin Gates.
Even with life full of up’s & down’s, he always had a spark in him which never put him down. Due to this attitude towards life, Kevin Gates quotes are quite famous.
Let’s check out some of the top Kevin Gates quotes..
Kevin Gates Quotes (Handpicked)
1. “I always knew who I was, and I always ran from my true purpose… I know what my job is. And I always ran from it.”
2. “When trying to destroy you, they Destroy themselves in the process. Fu*k em’ — work harder!”
3. “What I see, what I went through, what a friend of mine may have went through, whatever – I rap about it.”
4. “Breathing is so important with physical activity, then how much more important is it with psychological activity?”
5. “Everybody around you pretending that they are your partner, let you have a problem they won’t even help you out.”
6. “I love God, I love everybody else around me as myself, and I love my enemy.”
7. “I put my flaws on front street. So the world accepted my flaws, so I don’t have any flaws.”
8. “I’ve always stood on my own toe. I don’t need a team. don’t do the entourage thing, 30 people. I Just not do that. That’s just not me.”
9. “Disconnecting from one you love can be a lonely ordeal. The feelings you will experience will change you.”
10. “When you stand for something, you’ve got to stand for it all the way, not half way.”
11. “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.”
12. “I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this.”
13. “I live by the ten percent rule. Save one, you save a thousand.”
14. “I don’t pay attention to sales because it’s not about that for me. It’s about the music. Music is all I have.”
15. “I’ve had mixtapes that have been better than albums I’ve heard from other artists. I take my time; I put my heart into it.”
16. “I don’t really like talking. I like to execute. I’m not a talking person. I’m an action person.”
17. “My daily conversation, it consists of hustle. Grinding from the bottom sick and tired of struggle.”
18. “I look at other people’s lives, and some people feel like they’re too old to play with toys. But I still go through the toy section at the store, cause there were toys that I wanted when I was little that I couldn’t have. So I still get them.”
19. “I’m an introvert somewhat. There could be a room full of people, I’ll go stand in the corner.”
20. “I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge, I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice.”
21. “Let me tell you something about Tunechi – about that boy. That boy comes to the studio every day and grind as if he doesn’t have a dollar in his pocket.”
22. “I always had music growing up, but music was also like a journal. It was like my personal diary or personal journal. A lot of the things I couldn’t express to an individual, I would express them in my music.”
23. “Out my window.. I see everything I dream about and wished I had.”
24. “Don’t get mad at me for being the best of what I was created to be.”
25. “If I told you I was different would you understand the difference?”
26. “When you level up your life will change. You will come across harder opponents and situations.”
27. “I believe that life is a journey and for me to tell you my plans; things never go according to plan.”
28. “When you’re in prison, you want to know that you were thought about.”
29. “I don’t let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.”
30. “I don’t sleep much. I don’t sleep much – I work, I work, I work.”
31. “Marriage is the most wonderful thing ever.”
32. “The ones that hate you most tend to be the people you know.”
33. “People will flip on you at the drop of a dime. Just be prepared so it doesn’t surprise you.”
34. “Prison was the best thing that ever happened to me.”
35. “You can’t make everybody else happy and still stay on top.”
36. “Knowledge is provided but only to those who need to know.”
37. “Why accept failure when success is free?”
38. “Wise men change, fools stay the same.”
39. “I like being with my family. That’s my party.”
40. “I have respect for every man that demand your respect.”
41. “If it matters to you, pursue it aggressively.”
42. “I adapt and I adjust to whatever environment I’m in.”
43. “Never break or fold, that’s what it takes to be major.”
Kevin gate: Early Life
Kevin Gates was the son of a Puerto Rican father and an African American mother. He was born on February 5, 1986. After moving to New Orleans, Louisiana with his family, he settled in Baton Rouge.
Gates was a turbulent child and was first arrested in 1999 for joyriding as a passenger in a stolen vehicle. As a teenager, he reconnected with his father after he lost touch with him at an early age.
When Gates was fourteen years old, his father died from complications of AIDS. He attended Baton Rouge Community College briefly when he was 17.
Rap Career & Life in General
In 2007, Kevin Gates was signed to local record label Dead Game Records; during the mid-2000s era he collaborated with various artists such as Boosie Badazz as well as Webbie. The music he has released has been made up of real-life stories and experiences from his life.
The track “All or Nothing,” that was released in 2008 has a lot of pain that Gates went through in his life. He stopped his music career in 2008 when he discovered himself in jail. Amazingly, he didn’t abandon his dream. In prison, he enrolled in an education program that allowed him to discover the mistakes that he made in the past.
After his release from jail, Gates immediately went back to music. In 2012, he dropped “Make Em Believe,”. This was a great start with his new music as well.
Young Money Entertainment signed him in 2012 after he caught the interest of Lil Wayne. He didn’t sign up with them, but created his own record label, which was the beginning of his new career.
We can see that Molestation and jail time were both the norm for Kevin however, his story of tragedy did not stop him from being the person he has become