Born on October 13, 1962, Jerry Lee Rice Sr. is an American former professional footballer who played as a wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL). He played primarily with the San Francisco 49ers. Jerry Rice stats speaks for itself, which is unlike other players and very spirited man. Due to which Jerry Rice quotes are quite famous even today.
You may also like:
Let’s look at some of the best Jerry Rice quotes ..
Inspiring Jerry Rice Quotes (Handpicked)
1. “When you begin to lose the fire a little bit and if you’re not giving 100 percent out there, then it’s time for you to leave because you’ll end up getting hurt – I want to be able to walk away on top.”
2. “They never clocked me on my way to the end zone. They never caught me because I ran scared.”
3. “I think my secret is that there’s no shortcuts for hard work, determination, and having that don’t give up attitude.”
4. “I was always in search of a perfect game and I never got it.”
5. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”
6. “To me, it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.”
7. “Montana and I had a chemistry that was unbelievable. When I first came into the league he told me I added five years to his career, and I just think we complimented each other very well and were able to do some amazing things out on the football field.”
8. “I had that hunger, that desire, to be successful and I wasn’t going to let anything stand in my way.”
9. “I have been blessed with a long and healthy career as a professional athlete and as I move forward into the next stage of my life, chiropractic care will continue to be an important part of my game.”
10. “The Enemy of the best is the good. If you’re always settling with what’s good, you’ll never be the best.”
11. “To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.”
12. “I was just a small boy from Mississippi, and now little kids are going to identify with me through this game.”
13. “I went out there to play my game for the fun of it and never based my career around records.”
14. “You know, I never looked down the road and said, ‘Hey look, one day, the Hall of Fame.’ It’s always about playing each and every game 100 percent and I thank my teammates for getting me into the Hall because football is a team sport, not an individual sport.”
15. “People would look at me weird. You know, like, ‘Why is this guy’s hands always in his pockets?’ But I was embarrassed by the size of my hands.”
16. “I feel like I’m the best, but you’re not going to get me to say that.”
17. “My work ethic came from my parents and my fear of failure. I came from a small, predominantly black school and I didn’t want to let them down.”
18. “The same thing I applied to football, I applied to trying to be an actor and hopefully it came off well.”
19. “I think the thing about that was I was always willing to work; I was not the fastest or biggest player but I was determined to be the best football player I could be on the football field and I think I was able to accomplish that through hard work.”
20. “Once you get your education it’s going to open up so many doors for you. And the sky’s the limit. So that’s what I want to deliver to students.”
21. “I just want the same thing Joe Montana got when he was MVP. He got respect. He got commercials. He got everything.”
22. “The absolute worst thing a receiver can do is worry about not catching the ball or about getting hit.”
23. “There is still a lot of football in me and I enjoy watching the players go out there and be the best players they can possibly be.”
24. “If I should get selected into the Hall of Fame, I’d be able to say ‘thank you’ to all the legends that are in the Hall of Fame. And also say thank you to my teammates, and also to all the fans. It’s going to be like a dream come true.”
25. “I think what people might not really know about me is that I’m really a shy individual.”
26. “During the offseason, I didn’t take any time off. And I played this game for over 20 years. So right after the season, I would go right back into my regimen.”
27. “Like I said, repetition in practice and hard work.”
28. “There are a lot of young players here right now, and these guys are going to eventually learn as they go. Next year we can’t use that as an excuse that we had so many young players on the team.”
29. “I’m used to performing under pressure, but that’s playing football.”
30. “I want to do a good job. I’m just learning and I just want to have fun with it.”
31. “Not wanting to disappoint is what pushed me to be successful.”
32. “I don’t diet. I’ll eat fish; I’ll eat baked chicken, pasta, beans. When the body is telling you, ‘You need to indulge in something,’ you need to give the body what it wants.”
Legacy of Jerry Rice
He was a Mississippi Valley State student who played college football and impressed the 49ers team. After that, they selected him in the first round of the 1985 NFL Draft. He played 16 seasons with them.
His many records, achievements, and accolades make him widely regarded as one of the greatest wide receivers in NFL history and one of the greatest.
With 1,549 career receptions, Jerry is 117 receptions ahead of Larry Fitzgerald who is the second place holder till the 2020 NFL season and holds numerous NFT records on his name.
Even his 22,895 total receiving yards is a record that is 5,403 more than the second-place spot. He is also regarded high amongst the most amazing clutch players. It was because of the Rice, 49ers’ won in Super Bowl XXIII. His dedication and work ethic was second to none in his team.
Rice only missed 17 regular season games in his 20 NFL seasons.