Eldrick Tont Woods, popularly called Tiger Woods is a world-class golfer who has created several records in the history of golf. Tiger was born in 1975 on the 30th of December in Cypress, California. He is a true powerhouse of innovation and creativity.
Tiger Woods quotes are inspirational to people from all walks of life.
You may also like:
Best Tiger Woods Quotes (handpicked)
1. “I think the guys who are really controlling their emotions … are going to win.”
2. “My dad has always taught me these words: care and share. That’s why we put on clinics. The only thing I can do is try to give back. If it works, it works.”
3. “It’s ok to fail. Failing does not shape your personality; it’s how you react upon your failure. Do you dust yourself off and mope or do you dust yourself off and come back stronger the next time? Eventually you will win. It may not happen the next time, it may take a little time but you will win in the end.”
4. “The joy I get from winning a major championship doesn’t even compare to the feeling I get when a kid writes a letter saying: ‘Thank you so much. You have changed my life.”
5. “One of the things that my parents have taught me is never listen to other people’s expectations. You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.”
6. “I don’t think golf has ever been any pressure as far as having to succeed.”
7. “Golf is a great way for someone to learn discipline, responsibility, and sportsmanship.”
8. “Under pressure, you can win with your mind.”
9. “No matter how good you get you can always get better and that’s the exciting part.”
10. “You have to look at the past in order to learn from it and move on.”
11. “If money titles meant anything, I’d play more tournaments. The only thing that means a lot to me is winning. If I have more wins than anybody else and win more majors than anybody else in the same year, then it’s been a good year.”
12. “I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for – getting paid for doing what you love.”
13. “I love to play golf, and that’s my arena. And you can characterize it and describe it however you want, but I have a love and a passion for getting that ball in the hole and beating those guys.”
14. “Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.”
15. “It’s been a lot of fun to see some fruits of my hard labour.”
16. “I like to pick my causes and not be forced into doing something.”
17. “Talent is something you are born with, and a skill is something you develop. 99% of what you need to succeed in golf are skills.”
18. “I’m trying as hard as I can, and sometimes things don’t go your way, and that’s the way things go.”
19. “In therapy I have learned the importance of keeping spiritual life and professional life balanced. I need to regain my balance.”
20. “That’s why I’ve busted my butt on the range for hours on end and made changes to get to this point where I’m able to compete at the highest level in major championships. That’s where you want to be.”
21. “Money and fame made me believe I was entitled. I was wrong and foolish.”
22. “The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today.”
23. “The biggest thing is to have a mind-set and a belief you can win every tournament going in.”
24. “You can play from the wrong position for a long time with good hands, but eventually it’s going to catch up with you.”
25. “The only thing you can do is take a learning experience from it, positives and negatives, and apply them to the future. What did you do right, what did you do wrong, and I did a lot of things right this week.”
26. “My failures have made me look at myself in a way I’ve never wanted to before.”
27. “If you’re lucky to have three close people in your life, you’re blessed.”
28. “I had to take baby steps all year.”
29. “We all make decisions. But in the end, our decisions make us.”
30. “You’ve got to stay patient, stay in the moment, keep grinding… You never know what can happen. And it turned out well.”
31. “If you’re not nervous, it means you don’t care.”
Tiger Woods: The rise, the fall
During his school and college life, he had never been a trained golf player. It was in the year 1996 when he started to take the game seriously. In early 1997, the legend had already achieved victories at three PGA events. A few months later, Tiger even made his place in the world rankings.
From the period of August 1999 to September 2004, none could take him down from first place at world ranking charts. Later from June 2005 to October 2010 he again maintained his position as ‘the unbeatable golf player‘ for 281 weeks.
Woods married Elin Nordegren in 2004 and had two children. The duo later had some serious marital issues by the end of 2009. Tiger voluntarily took a break from the game in December 2009 to untangle his marital issues, however, nothing seemed to work for the couple and the two decided to part their ways in 2010.
The come back king
The year 2011 too wasn’t so great for the golfer, as he dropped down to 58th position in world ranking charts. But the champion never stopped trying and bounced back to number one in 2013.
The period from 2014-2017 was again a turning point for Tiger as his physical health did not seem to sync with his game. He underwent 4 major surgeries and his absence from the game made him vanish from the list of the world’s top 1,000 golfers.
Woods again made a comeback by winning at Tour Championship 2018 and Masters 2019. The native American was officially enlisted into the World golf hall of fame in 2021.
In the year 2021, Woods Also survived a major car accident and had to undergo emergency surgery for the repair of compound fractures in each leg.