Samwise Gamgee is often denoted as a Batman by Tolkien. In the British army, the term Batman was used for the one who took care of all the needs of the officer like a personal assistant. The comparison of Sam with Batman shows how important Sam was to Frodo and so the Samwise Gamgee Quotes are evergreen.
He looked after all the errands of Frodo and made sure everything was done nicely. Sam always treated Frodo with utmost humility which could be seen in all his mannerisms. Frodo too blindly relied on Sam and there was nothing that could ever wiggle their bond.
You may also like:
Best Samwise Gamgee Quotes
1. “But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. ”
2. “It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened?“
3. “I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.“
4. “Eavesdropping, sir? I don’t follow you, begging your pardon. There ain’t no eaves at Bag End, and that’s a fact.“
5. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.”
6. Sam: What we need is a few good taters.
Gollum: What’s taters, precious? What’s taters, eh?
Sam: Po-tay-toes! Boil ’em, mash ’em, stick ’em in a stew… Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.
7. “Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can’t carry it for you… but I can carry you!”
8. “But what can I do? Not leave Mr. Frodo dead, unburied on top of the mountains, and go home? Or go on? Go on?”
9. ″Well, what’s to be done with it? Tie it up, so as it can’t come sneaking after us no more, I say.?”
10. Sam: This is it.
Frodo: This is what?
Sam: If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been.
11. “Once I do get to sleep…I shall go on sleeping whether I roll off or no.“
12. “I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo.“
13. “Of course it is. But not alone. I’m coming too, or neither of us isn’t going. I’ll knock holes in all the boats first.”
14. “What a tale we have been in, Mr. Frodo, haven’t we?”
15. Gorbag: I’m gonna bleed you like a stuck pig.
Sam: Not if I stick you first.
16. Frodo: Mordor… I hope the others find a safer road.
Sam: Strider’ll look after them.
Frodo: I don’t suppose we’ll ever see them again.
Sam: We may yet, Mr. Frodo. We may.
17. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
18. “Oh no! Frodo… Mr. Frodo, wake up… Don’t leave me here alone. Don’t go where I can’t follow… Wake up.”
19. Sam: Mr. Frodo? What is it?
Frodo: Just a thought… I don’t think I’m going to be returning.
Sam: Of course you are. That’s just morbid thinking, that is.
20. Galadriel: For you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope, made of hithline.
Sam: Thank You M’Lady… Have you ran out of those nice shiny daggers?
21. “What a place! What a horrible place! Just let me get out of this boat, and I’ll never wet my toes in a puddle again, let alone a river!“
22. “I did, sir. And that’s why I choked; which you heard seemingly. I tried not to, sir, but it burst out of me: I was so upset.“
23. “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
24. Frodo: We are Hobbits of the Shire. Frodo Baggins is my name and this is Samwise Gamgee.
Faramir: Your bodyguard?
Sam: His gardener.
25. “I thought that Elves were all for moon and stars: but this is more elvish than anything I ever heard tell of. I feel as if I was inside a song, if you take my meaning.”
26. Frodo: What’s in this?
Sam: Nothing. Just a bit of seasoning. I thought maybe if we was having a roast chicken one night or something…
Frodo: Roast chicken?
Sam: You never know.
27. “And people will say: ‘Let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring!’ And they’ll say: ‘Yes, that’s one of my favourite stories. Frodo was very brave, wasn’t he dad?’ ‘Yes, my boy, the famousest of the hobbits, and that’s saying a lot.”
Samwise Gamgee – Hobbit of the Shire
Many considered Sam Gamgee as the actual hero of the Lords of Rings. Sam rescued Frodo in so many instances and thus was no less than a superhero. However, despite being a warrior, he was a sensitive lover. Sam dearly loved his wife Rosie and their simple yet beautiful love story was capable of leaving people in complete awe.
Samwise Gamgee fought all the enemies with immense courage and portrayed his heroic personality. The friendship shared by the two was not just adorable but also inspiring. The way Sam courageously battled everything just for the sake of his friend, was an outstanding portrayal of friendship.
At Cirith Ungol, Sam displayed incredible loyalty towards Frodo by vowing to unite with him after death. He protected Frodo in all ways possible and became his all-time savior. Sam did everything in his power to destroy the One Ring and thus guarded Frodo.
Being the closest pal of Frodo Baggin, he always motivated him to fiercely confront all the difficult situations of life.
Though Sam played the role of a sidekick of Frodo, yet his character was greatly loved and appreciated by everyone.