The Harry Potter series created by JK Rowling is celebrated for its creativity in character development and memorable storylines. One of the most compelling character developments in the series is Ron Weasley, one of Harry potter’s best friends and an unlikely hero. Ron Weasley quotes are very popular because of comic relief it brings in a series that is considered dark at times.
Despite being underestimated based on his family background and intelligence, Ron proves to be a brave, loyal, and resourceful friend who always has Harry’s back. He is caring and has a humorous personality that balances out the seriousness of Harry’s character.
You may also like:
Best & Funny Ron Weasley Quotes
1. “Blimey, Harry. You’ve slayed dragons. If you can’t get a date, who can?” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
2. “She needs to sort out her priorities.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
3. “You’re a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant… but scary.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
4. Harry: What’s that for!?
Ron: It’s no joke, I’m in love with her.
Harry: Alright fine you are in love with her. Have you ever actually met her?
Ron: No… Can you introduce me?
(Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
5. “Dad loves muggles. Thinks they’re fascinating.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
6. “Hearing voices no one else can hear isn’t a good sign, even in the wizarding world.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
7. “You’ll pay for that one Malfoy! Eat slugs!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
8. “Viktor? Hasn’t he asked you to call him Vicky yet?” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
9. “Urgh! Harry! I think Myrtle’s grown fond of you! You’ve got competition, Ginny!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
10. “If you want to kill Harry, you’ll have to kill us too!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
11. “I’m warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I’ll turn it into a tea cosy!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
12. “That’s my girlfriend, you numpties!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
13. Hermione: Have either of you seen my copy of Numerology and Gramatica?
Ron: Oh, yeah, I borrowed it for a bit of bedtime reading
(Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
14. “Traditional? They’re ancient! I look like my great aunt Tessie! Smell like my great aunt Tessie! Murder me, Harry!”- Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
15. “Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down. ” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
16. “This is mad! At this rate, we’ll be the only ones in our year without dates! Well, us and Neville.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
17. Professor McGonagall: Why is it that whenever anything happens, it’s always you three?
Ron: Believe me, Professor. I’ve been asking myself that same question for the past six years.
(Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
18. “Its beautiful isn’t it? The moon.”- Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
19. “Famous Harry Potter and all that. I’d hate to see what the Ministry’d do to me if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they’d have to dig me up first, because Mum would’ve killed me.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
20. Hermione: We didn’t hear stories like that when we were little, we heard ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarves’ and ‘Cinderella’…
Ron: What’s that? An illness?
(Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
21. “Why spiders? Why couldn’t it be ‘follow the butterflies?” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
22. “And from now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell die, Ron, die —I’m just chucking them in the bin where they belong.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
23. Hermoine: This is devils snare, you have to relax or it will only kill us faster.
Ron: Kill us faster!? Oh, now I can relax!
(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
24. “Can you believe our luck? Of all the trees we could’ve hit, we had to get one that hits back.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
25. “Mum used to read those to me as a kid! The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, Babbity Rabbitty And Her Cackling Stump. Come on! Babbity Rabbitty… No?” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
(Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
27. “She’s gone mental, Hermione has. I mean, not that she wasn’t always mental, but now it’s out in the open for everyone to see!” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
28. “ I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
29. Professor Snape: Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a one ping willow that’s been on the grounds since before you were born.
Ron: Honestly Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us.
(Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
30. “A cat? Is that what they told you? It looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me.” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
31. “You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you don’t want to be told?” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
32. Hermione: I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.
Ron: Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?
(Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
33. “And leave Hermione? You mad? We wouldn’t last two days without her. Don’t tell her I said that. ” – Ron Weasley (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
34. Albus Potter: Why are they all staring?
Ron: Don’t let it worry you, it’s me. I’m extremely famous.
Introducing Ron Weasley : A Character Analysis
Ron Weasley is the youngest Weasley boys and gets overlooked because he doesn’t have the same outgoing personality like his older siblings do. He is often undervalued because of this.
He is a man of many talents and is a loyal friend. He is always the third wheel in the trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but that doesn’t mean he’s not essential for things to go smoothly.
He’s the guy who can make you laugh when everything around you is dark. He’s the guy who has no problems poking fun at himself even when he’s the center of the joke.
He’s also a passionate chess player, and this is indicative of his strategic mind. He is also known for his numerous love interests throughout the series, as well as his love of food. He might not be very smart but boy, is he a great friend!
Ron is loud, impulsive and a little bit immature, but that’s what makes him likeable! He has his own insecurities, all of which were born due to being overshadowed by his older brothers and being friends with the famous Harry Potter, who got all the attention.
Harry and Hermoine may be the heroes of the story, but without Ron, they wouldn’t have been able to achieve their ultimate goals.
6 Interesting facts about Ron Weasley
- Ron Weasley was the second person Harry Potter ever made friends with. The first, of course, is Hagrid – everyone’s favorite bearded groundskeeper.
- Ron Weasley has arachnophobia (Fear of spiders) which was triggered by Fred & George who turned his teddy bear into a giant spider when he was younger.
- Though Ron and Draco Malfoy really loathe each other, they actually share a common ancestor. Narcissa, Draco’s mother is related to Ron’s grandmother on his dad’s side of the family. The two are third cousins.
- Ron’s Patronus takes the shape of a Jack Russell Terrier. It is a small dog, but fiercely loyal and determined to protect its master.
- Ron is well-known for being a big eater. He often ate two portions of food with every meal during his time at Hogwarts.
- The Mirror of Erised depicts everyone and what they want most. Ron sees himself as a Head Boy, Quidditch captain, and finally his own person. What Ron desired over anything else was self-determination; to be thought of as his own person.