The Harry Potter series created some of the most unique and memorable characters in literature. One of the most interesting characters, Luna Lovegood, is a Ravenclaw student and was introduced to the reader in the fifth movie (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). Luna Lovegood quotes are widely popular due to her unique beliefs, personality, and outlook on the world.
To some readers, she might just be a fictional character from Wizarding world of Harry Potter series created by JK Rowling, but Luna Lovegood has become something of a cultural icon for the Potterheads around the world. She is quirky, intelligent, inquisitive and her views on life are refreshingly unconventional. So much so that she has inspired many fan-followings who emulate her style, look and even name themselves after her.
You may also like:
Best Luna Lovegood Quotes that portrays her wisdom
1. “Always be yourself because if you’re not yourself, who are you? Someone else, therefore not being you at all.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
2. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means that you are brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
3. “Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? Luna: I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
4. “My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
5. “Don’t worry; you are just as sane as I am.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
6. “Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
7. “I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
8. “I believe He Who Must Not Be Named is back, and I believe you fought him and escaped from him.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
9. “Come, daddy, Harry doesn’t want to talk to us right now. He’s just too polite to say it.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Funny Luna Lovegood Quotes
10. “Daddy, look – one of the gnomes actually bit me!” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
11. “I don’t think you should be an Auror, Harry. The Aurors are a part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. I thought everyone knew that. They’re working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
12. “Oh, no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow for the party? Should I do mine too” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
13. “She doesn’t think you treated her very well because you wouldn’t dance with her. I don’t think I’d have minded. I don’t like dancing very much.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
14. “You can laugh! But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
15. “I sleepwalk, you see. That’s why I wear shoes to bed.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
16. “All my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
17. “A Wrackspurt . . . They’re invisible. They float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
18. [looking at wind chime made of shells] “ Muggles think these keep away evil, but they’re wrong.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Sweet & Sad Luna Lovegood Quotes
19. “They think I’m a bit odd, you know. Some people call me ‘Loony Lovegood’ actually.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
20. “Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
21. “And anyway, it’s not as though I’ll never see Mum again, is it?” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
22. “I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.” – Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
Introducing Luna Lovegood: a character analysis
Before we move to the Luna Lovegood quotes, let’s take a moment to analyze the character of Luna Lovegood.
Luna is an interesting character who is a bit of a paradox. Divorced from reality, she is a free spirit who marches to her own beat. Luna has grown from a shy and eccentric student at Hogwarts to an integral part of the team that ultimately defeats Lord Voldemort.
She is kind of an outsider because she has no interest in fashion or makeup, her hair is also messy, but she is always pretty in an unconventional way.
Luna has a lot of eccentricities, but she is also very loyal to her friends. She’s a weird girl who loves animals and has an affinity for all things magical, which may be attributed to her being raised by the rather unusual Xenophilius Lovegood.
She’s self-taught and has a vast knowledge of all sorts of things that can’t be found in any school books, which may come as no surprise considering her father is something of a kook with his own publication called The Quibbler.
Lessons one can learn from Luna Lovegood
- Luna Lovegood had an open mind to the world and wasn’t afraid to be different. She was confident in her abilities and expressed her individuality. These traits are very important in our society today. We should all aim to be more like Luna and find meaning outside of what community wants us to do.
- Luna Lovegood is an example of how we should be accepting and understanding people with different beliefs and values. She shows that we should be open to new ideas, even if they are outside of our comfort zone, because sometimes those new ideas can change the way we see the world.
- She also represents a form of rebellion against authority. This is seen in her willingness to question what she’s told and her refusal to conform to society’s expectations for young women like herself.
- Luna teaches us a lot about having confidence in our own abilities and embracing our flaws. Luna is proof that it’s okay not to be perfect.
- Luna taught readers that it’s okay to follow your own dreams even if they are not the same as everyone else’s. You don’t need to be popular or have an “in” group to feel fulfilled in life. As long as you’re following your heart and living with purpose, you’ll be happy no matter what others think or say about you.
In many ways, Luna symbolizes hope and peace during a time when Voldemort was terrorizing the wizarding world with violence and fear-mongering. Her belief in life happening all at once, rather than sequentially, means she does not judge people based on their outward appearance or past actions like others do.
While many of Harry Potter’s fans were moved by her positive outlook on life, Luna Lovegood quotes take on a life of their own. Lets look at some of our handpicked Luna Lovegood quotes. Make sure to read them with her voice in mind 😉