La La Land – A musical love story of two persons who grew closer to each other because they wanted to do what they love in life. But as they go up in their life they face decisions that can affect their relationship and dreams they worked so hard for. La La Land quotes are quite famous due to the effect it has on our mood.
You may also like:
Best La La Land Quotes by Sebastian Wilder
1. “I’m going to have my own club and we’re going to play whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want.”
2. Laura: I got you a throw rug.
Sebastian: I don’t need that.
Laura: What if I said Miles Davis pissed on it?
Sebastian: It’s almost insulting. Is it true?
3. Sebastian: He doesn’t tell me what to do.
Mia: He just told you what to do.
Sebastian: I know: I let him.
4. “I’m letting life hit me until it gets tired.“
5. “Guys like me go their whole lives and never do anything that’s liked. I’m finally doing something that people enjoy. What is wrong with that?”
6. “That’s L.A. They worship everything and they value nothing.”
7. Mia: It’s pretty strange that we keep running into each other.
Sebastian: Maybe it means something.
Mia: I doubt it.
Sebastian: Yeah, I didn’t think so.
8. “[about jazz] It’s conflict and it’s compromise, and it’s just… it’s new every time. It’s brand new every night. It’s very, very exciting!.”
9. “You’re a barista? I can see how you can look down on me from all the way up there.”
10. Sebastian : You should come.
Mia : To Boise?
Sebastian : You can knock it off your bucket list.
11. “You could just write your own rules. You know, write something that’s as interesting as you are.”
12. “I thought you wanted me to do this, it just sounds like now you don’t want me to do it.”
13. “I’m letting life hit me until it gets tired. Then I’ll hit back. It’s a classic rope-a-dope.”
14. Sebastian: I think we’re just gonna have to wait and see
Mia: I’m always gonna love you
Sebastian: I’m always gonna love you too
15. “Can you believe that they turned it into a samba-tapas place?! Samba-tapas. Pick one, you know, do one right.”
16. Mia: Should have been a lawyer.
Sebastian: Cause the world needs more lawyers?
Best La La Land Quotes by Mia Dolan
17. “I’ve been to a million auditions, and the same thing happens every time where I get interrupted because someone wants to get a sandwich. Or I’m crying, and they start laughing. Or there’s people sitting in the waiting room, and they’re like me, but prettier and better at the…Because maybe I’m not good enough!”
18. Sebastian : What do you mean you don’t like jazz?
Mia : It just means that when I listen to it, I don’t like it.
19. “A bit of madness is key to give us new colors to see. Who knows where it will lead us?“
20. “People love what other people are passionate about.”
21. “People will want to go to it because you’re passionate about it and people love what other people are passionate about. You remind people of what they’ve forgotten.”
22. “And here’s to the fools who dream, Crazy as they may seem. Here’s to the hearts that break. Here’s to the mess we make.”
Best La La Land Quotes from Others
23. Mia : [Mia hums a few notes]
Tracy : [Tracy barges in] , Woah! Holy shit! You wanna open a window?
Mia : I was trying to give you an entrance.
Tracy : Thank you.
24. “What planet are you from?” — Bill
25. Sebastian : I had a very serious plan for my future.
Laura : I know.
Sebastian : It’s not my fault I got shanghaied.
Laura : You didn’t get shangaied. You got ripped off.
Sebastian : What’s the difference?
Laura : I don’t know. It’s not as romantic as that.
26. “How are you gonna be a revolutionary if you’re such a traditionalist? You hold onto the past, but jazz is about the future.” — Keith
27. Bill: You’re fired.
Sebastian: It’s Christmas.
Bill: Yeah, I see the decorations. Good luck in the New Year.
La La Land – An Overview
Have you heard of the law of attraction? Well, the law says that like attracts like, which means similar people always get attracted to each other. In this story, both Sebastian Wilder and Mia Dolan have an identical passion to do things they love.
On their journey together, they deeply fall in love with each other until the realities of life start to knock on their door. With their hard work and dedication, they reached the heights they wished to be at but the same success made their love go weak in the knees.
Old Fashioned Romance
The movie is full of sweet romance and has the potential to fill your gloomy day with all the light. Sebastian and Mia’s old-fashioned romance is lovable and awe-inspiring. The story not only makes you dive into the excitement of first love but also plunges you into emotions of failure and disappointment.
The lyrical masterpiece is full of love and fantasy but at the same time, equally relatable and factual. The story makes the audience feel like it’s their tale. It gives them a window to peek into their vulnerabilities and realities of life.
Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have portrayed lovely chemistry, one that can wet your eyes in no time. Mia is a character that conveys more through her eyes than words. You can feel her emotion right through her eyes.
The heart-warming tale has soft and soulful music by Justin Hurwitz. Movie’s filmmaker Damien Chazelle has put his heart and soul into the film for which he has also been honored with Best Director Award. Damien is also the youngest holder of this honorable award.