The Naruto universe is full of characters you will fall in love with – even if they are a part of the dark side. That’s the power of good storytelling, much like ending up caring for Darth Vader – you can’t help but understand Itachi Uchiha’s misguided (or not?) motivations throughout the series.
In the subsequent paragraphs, we will discuss the life and overall personality of Itachi Uchiha. We will also give you some of the most famous Itachi Uchiha quotes that will make you feel nostalgic for your childhood.
It’s arguable, however, whether or not his initial appearances in the first Naruto series were remarkable or worthy of affection at all. As his past was revealed layer by layer and as we got to know more about Akatsuki in general, we started to feel for Itachi in a way we never thought was possible.
You may also like:
Itachi Uchiha Quotes One Should Live By
1. “People’s lives don’t end when they die, it ends when they lose faith.”
2. “We are humans, not fish. We don’t know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are. That’s what death is, don’t you think?”
3. “One’s reality might be others illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies. Thinking Madara is dead is merely an arbitrary assumption that you made. In exactly the same way you once assumed that I was your gentle older brother.”
4. “People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define ‘reality’. But what does it mean to be ‘correct’ or ‘true’? Merely vague concepts… Their ‘reality’ may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?”
5. “Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail.”
6. “Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation.”
7. “It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions and by their appearances.”
8. “When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace.”
9. “You once said it was everyone who cares about you who helped you get where you are now. If you forget others because you have power, and become arrogant and egotistical, you’ll eventually become just like Madara.”
10. “However strong you become, never seek to bear everything alone. If you do, failure is certain.”
11. “Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness.”
12. “I actually don’t think something like perfection exists. That is I think why we are born able to absorb things… and by comparing ourselves with something else we can finally head in a good direction.”
13. “He who forgives and acknowledges himself… that is what it truly means to be strong!”
14. “No single thing is perfect by itself. That’s why we’re born to attract other things to make up for what we lack.”
Emotional Itachi Uchiha Quotes
15. “Loneliness is this world’s worst kind of pain.”
16. “Pain must be the ultimate lesson, and it teaches one to understand what pain in life actually is. Because those who never understood someone else’s pain will eventually end up knowing nothing.”
17. “Obsessed with Organization, obsessed with the clan, obsessed with ourselves. A worthless compulsion that enslaves us and limits our capabilities, leading us to fear what we don’t understand.”
18. “Time doesn’t heal anything, it just teaches us how to live with pain.”
19. “I am always going to be there for you, even if it is only as an obstacle for you to overcome, you and I have to live together, even if it means hating each other, that…is what big brothers are for…”
20. “Teachings that do not speak of pain have no meaning, for humankind cannot gain anything in return.”
21. “Don’t cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.”
22. “Self-sacrifice… A nameless shinobi who protects peace within its shadow. That is a true shinobi.”
23. “No matter what darkness or contradictions lie within the village, I AM STILL ITACHI UCHIHA OF THE LEAF.”
Itachi Uchiha: Character Analysis
Itachi Uchiha is one of the favorite antagonists of the Naruto universe. He’s also the arch-nemesis of Sasuke Uchiha, his younger brother, who is motivated purely by revenge since the very beginning.
Love him or hate him, Itachi Uchiha’s character with his cool and composed aura coupled with an indifferent gaze, captivating looks, and the Mangekyo Sharingan’s power easily make him one of the most powerful and respected characters in the Naruto series.
Itachi Uchiha was a realistic person. Even with Kisame by his side, he fled from Jiraiya – a ninja that he tied with for stats in the Naruto databooks. He wasn’t the one to rush into a battle head-on or getting overly emotional and clouding his judgment. Itachi gave a new meaning to the word calm and composed.
Though they considered him a genius in his time, nobody understood him, not even his family. When he was only four, he again witnessed the slaughter of countless lives in the third Shinobi war. For this reason, he became a pacifist.
The life of Itachi Uchiha
Being a highly intelligent and powerful person, Itachi has always been a formidable opponent for all those who stood against him including Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. He has displayed his powers so many times.
For the most part, it’s told that Itachi was “always a genius”. He started using Sharingan at the age of 8 when Tobi killed his genin comrade-rival and thus he passed the Academy sooner than most do. He also got the best marks after the Fourth Hokage himself while at the Academy.
However, it’s important to understand the “why” behind his genius. Although technically he was born with superior talents, he was also a very motivated and talent-seeking person. Itachi Uchiha has always inspired a sort of dedication to one’s cause – no matter what it might entail.
His pursuit of power and harnessing of higher talents stems from hatred. Though how true that is will be figured out later with time as his past and motivations become clear.
Impact on Others
Itachi Uchiha is a core supporting character and one of the most fascinating early villains in the Naruto universe. Consequently, he has affected many lives of those around him.
Starting from his younger brother Sasuke to his lover Izumi, he has had a profound impact on the lives of many, so much as their entire lives would have been at odds with their current lives if Itachi wasn’t in them.
It will be an understatement to say that Itachi was purely a supportive character. He helped build the Naruto universe by affecting multiple arcs and character development stories.
Itachi Uchiha’s life might not be the most cheerful of the lot but it’s surely fascinating. Uncovering his motivations and personality traits one at a time is a true delight of the anime. He allows us to understand our fellow human beings much better.