Fullmetal Alchemist is a Japanese television anime series inspired by the manga series with the same name written by Hiromu Arakawa. Even though it has been over a decade and half since the series has been finished, still the popularity has not found any decline.
Some of the Fullmetal Alchemist quotes are so powerful that one get’s an instant adrenaline boost reading them. Without a doubt, the series will go down as one of the most inspiring one.
You may also like:
Let’s look into some of the best handpicked Fullmetal Alchemist quotes from different characters.
Quotes by Edward Elric
1. “Revenge that involves unrelated people isn’t valid at all. All he’s doing is hiding his vengeful hate with the title of God’s representative and acting sublime.”
2. “There are always things more important than someone’s dream…”
3. “Even when our eyes are closed, there’s a whole world out there, that lives outside of ourselves and our dreams.”
4. “Even your gravest mistakes shouldn’t stop you from moving forward.”
5. “Men are not men on the battlefield. We turn into some other creature. you can do the cruelest things… It doesn’t even matter if it’s an order or not. To protect yourself, your mind shuts out any emotions you have. It’s like a steel door. But once the war is over, you can’t keep it closed forever.”
6. “No matter how big the place is, we’ll eventually reach the edge if we keep moving forward!”
7. “A Lesson Without Pain Is Meaningless. That’s Because No One Can Gain Without Sacrificing Something. But By Enduring That Pain And Overcoming It, He Shall Obtain A Powerful, Unmatched Heart… A Fullmetal Heart.”
8. “We’re going to be moving forward! If we move forward, we’ll get stronger, both physically and mentally.”
9. “Like I always say, can’t find a door? Make your own.”
10. “Maybe life has no equal trade, maybe you can give up all you got, and get nothing back. Even If I can’t prove it’s true, I have to try, for your sake, AL.”
11. “You have to figure it out. Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You’ve got two good legs. So get up and use them. You’re strong enough to make your own path.”
12. “The cycle of life goes only one direction, not even alchemy can change that.”
13. “I will do what I can, even if my chance of passing is minuscule, if that will allow me to move forward.”
14. “I think people should try to ignore their race, and just treat each other as equals.”
Quotes by Roy Mustang
15. “I lost my pawns, my knight, my rook, my bishop, and even my queen. But, it’s not checkmate, just yet.”
16. “When I, who am called a ‘weapon’ or a ‘monster’, fight a real monster, I can fully realize I’m just a human.”
17. “Any man who has the brains to think and the nerve to act for the benefit of the people of the country, is considered a radical, by those who are content with stagnation and willing to endure disaster.”
18. “Nothing’s perfect, the world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us, trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.”
19. “Life that has been lost cannot be brought back again. That very truth is what shows us the meaning and value of living.”
Quotes by Alphonse Elric
20. “It’s true, I don’t have a body, but I’m here. This is my punishment for setting foot on holy ground where mortals are forbidden. We made a mistake, Rose, and we’re paying for it.”
21. “You’re not a good for nothing person. I think that being able to try your hardest to be something is a talent by itself.”
22. “On the day we left, we burned down the family home and all the familiar things inside. Because some memories aren’t meant to leave traces.”
23. “In order to obtain something, there must be something of equal value. It is the law of conservation in alchemy. Back then, we believed that it was the truth of the world. However, the real world isn’t perfect, so there is not just a single law that governs everything that happens within it.”
24. “I don’t know if we chose the right path, brother. But I do know this: I don’t want to be in this suit anymore. I want to feel things again. It’s strange. We’ve been right beside each other all this time. But I can’t remember what your skin feels like, or how you smell.”
Fullmetal Alchemist Quotes (Others)
25. “In general, men prefer to let their actions speak instead of words. When they’re in pain, they don’t want to burden anyone with it, not if they can help it. They don’t want anyone to worry about them. That’s how they are.” – Maes Hughes
26. “There are some things in life that will only be understood through words.” – Winry Rockbell
27. “What could be more beautiful than doing work that puts your soul at risk, because that’s what it means to be alive.” – Solf J. Kimblee
28. “You see, I’m sure we can change, because we’re weak. And because we die. We have to fight in order to live, and that is what will make us strong.” – Trisha Elric
29. “Destruction and creation are two sides of the same coin! You must destroy to create! That is the law of the universe.” – Alex Louis Armstrong
30. “Love for the dead is pointless. We fight to keep them alive, that is all.” – Olivier Mira Armstrong
31. “War does not determine who is right – only who is left.” – Riza Hawkeye
32. “I will do anything it takes to be the man she loves. I will survive this war. And when I return home, I will swallow every horrible thing I’ve done here, and I will smile when I’m with her. I swear on my life.” – Maes Hughes
33. “Greed may not be good, but it’s not so bad either. You humans think greed is just for money or power, but everyone wants something they can’t have.” – Greed
34. “If the ways of this world are based on equivalent exchange, as alchemy says, then in order to allow for a new generation to enjoy good fortune, the price that we must pay, is to carry the bodies of the dead across a river of blood.” – Riza Hawkeye
35. “We really are weak creatures, but that’s why we can strive to become stronger. Even if you feel it’s useless, each step we take leads to something great.” – Trisha Elric
36. “I have no use for a religion that’s been forsaken by its own god.” – Maes Hughes
37. “People can say there is a balance, a logic that everything happens for a reason… But the truth is far less designed. No matter how hard you work, when you die, you die. Some spend their entire life trying to scratch their way to the top, and still die in poverty. While others are born into wealth without ever working at all. It’s a cruel and random world. And yet the chaos is also beautiful.” – Dante
38. “It’s okay to feel lost and not have reasons.” – Maria Ross
39. “When you live, your life will end sooner or later. The body will return to the earth. Grass and flowers will grow on top if it. The soul will nourish the hearts… and it will live on in the hearts of other people.” – Izumi Curtis
Things You Didn’t know about Fullmetal Alchemist
A lot of people are unaware that Fullmetal Alchemist was so popular it was made into Two Series. It’s rare due to several reasons. The average manga series is limited to one season, while manga that is more well-known, such as Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto, have more than a hundred episodes and many arcs.
The second adaption was made from scratch because of its popularity and to introduce better animation.
Fullmetal Alchemist borrowed European ideas for its setting and world creation. For example, the racial conflict between Ametris and Ishval inhabitants is inspired by those of the Ainu group and its conflicts with their fellow Wajin (ethnic Japanese).
To ensure precision, Arakawa brought prop guns to draw them in manga.
However the name of the anime is Fullmetal Alchemist, there are various real historical events that take place in it and other than researching only the alchemy she did research the history too. In his research on the Ishval War, Arakawa read many war-related books and watched documentaries.
She also conducted interviews with WWII veterans for their authenticity. Last interesting fact about Fullmetal Alchemist as most fans must have noticed, names of Military officers are based on Military vehicles.