The Dark Knight is a 2008 film featuring DC Superhero Batman directed, written, produced, and co-written by Christopher Nolan. Dark Knight is the second installment in Nolan’s The Dark Knight Trilogy and the sequel to the 2005 film Batman Begins.
The cast includes Christian Bale as Batman, supported by Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Morgan Freeman. The film follows Batman’s fight to restore peace in Gotham against the menace of Joker.
Lets checkout some of the best Dark Knight quotes handpicked..
Best Dark Knight Quotes
1. “The Night Is Darkest Right Before The Dawn. And I Promise You, The Dawn Is Coming.” – Harvey Dent
2. “You Either Die A Hero Or Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain.” – Harvey Dent
3. Harvey: The joker chose me!
Batman: Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that even someone as good as you could fall.
Harvey: And he was right.
4. “I Believe That Whatever Doesn’t Kill You, Simply Makes You… Stranger!” – Joker
5. “If You’re Good At Something, Never Do It For Free!” – Joker
6. “Now, I See The Funny Side. Now, I’m Always Smiling!” – Joker
7. “Never Start With The Head! The Victim Gets All… Fuzzy!” – Joker
8. “I’m A Dog Chasing Cars. I Wouldn’t Know What To Do With One If I Caught It!” – Joker
9. “It’s Not About Money. It’s About Sending A Message. Everything Burns!” – Joker
10. “I Won’t Kill You, Because You’re Just Too Much Fun.” – Joker
11. “This Is What Happens When An Unstoppable Force Meets An Immovable Object.” – Joker
12. “Madness, As You Know, Is Like Gravity. All It Takes Is A Little Push!” – Joker
13. “Introduce A Little Anarchy, Upset The Established Order, And Everything Becomes Chaos!” – Joker
14. “I’m Not A Monster. I’m Just Ahead Of The Curve.” – Joker
15. “How About A Magic Trick? I’m Gonna’ Make This Pencil Disappear! TA-DAAAA!” – Joker
16. “If you want order in Gotham, Batman must take off his mask and turn himself in. Oh, and every day he doesn’t, people will die, starting tonight. I’m a man of my word.” – Joker
17. Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
The Joker: I don’t, I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, no! No. You… you… complete me.
18. “Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are.” – Joker
19. “I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself.” – Joker
20. “You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.” – Joker
21. “You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go ‘according to plan’. Even if the plan is horrifying!” – Joker
22. Batman: This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.
The Joker: Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they get a good look at the real Harvey Dent, and all the heroic things he’s done.
23. “You can’t rely on anybody these days, you gotta do everything yourself, don’t we? But that’s okay, I came prepared. It’s a funny world we live in.” – Joker
24. “A-Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta, Let’s Not Blow This Out Of Proportion.” – Joker
25. “The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.” – Joker
26. Chechen: What do you propose?
Joker: It’s simple. We, uh, kill the Batman.
Salvatore: If it’s so simple, why haven’t you done it already?
Joker: If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
27. “If you lose your faith in me, please keep your faith in people.” – Rachel Dawes
28. “Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”- Alfred Pennyworth
29. “He’s the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we’ll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero.” – James Gordon
30. Bruce: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?
Alfred: We burned the forest down.
31. Reese: They’re trying to kill me!
Gordon: Well, maybe Batman will save you.
32. Alfred: I trust you don’t have me followed on my day off.
Bruce: If you ever took one, I might.
33. Bruce: You know that day that you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It’s coming.
Rachel: Bruce. You can’t ask me to wait for that.
Bruce: It’s happening now. Harvey is that hero. He locked up half of the city’s criminals, and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face.
34. “Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.” – Bruce Wayne
The most powerful characters in Dark Knight
Batman: Batman can encounter any circumstance and develop a strategy to take on his foe. The Dark Knight version of Batman is a skilled fighter and can take on groups of thugs at one time.
Joker: Joker has rarely been thought of as a visually intimidating antagonist; however, Joker’s power comes from the destruction he can cause. Although he is an outsider among his mob friends in Dark Knight, Joker can emerge as a highly notorious villain within Gotham City.
Harvey Dent: While Batman was fighting from the dark to bring peace in Gotham, Harvey Dent was seen as the man who could change the city’s image for good. In his position as the District Attorney, Dent was willing to pursue the criminals of Gotham without hesitation or fear.
Jim Gordon: In the beginning, Jim Gordon was an honest man who had no power to take action. Since he was the only honest cop in the area, he was compelled to witness the city deteriorate. It was Batman which inspired the police officers and Gordon to fight back the crime.